Your first visit to SBF is an important one and we want you to feel right at home. Here are the answers to some FAQ:
What is it like?
- We hold our Sunday service at 10.00am. During Covid-19 this is online at www.sbfchurch.com/live you can also watch it earlier than 10 am.
- Listen to past sermons online here.
- Signs are posted regarding mask wearing. At this time masks are required for anyone over age 12 while you are moving about in the building or when you are singing. Masks may be removed when you are in your seat. Children aged 2-12, masks are optional. Children under 2 should not wear masks.
- The service is approximately 90 minutes in length with worship, teaching and prayer followed by an opportunity to meet and chat.
- Pre-Covid a typical Sunday morning will have about 100-140 people. If you are new or visiting, the spotlight will never be on you.
- Coffee/tea is served after the service, currently it is outside.
- Our congregation is completely supported by our members and regular attenders. Please come and just relax without any pressure to give.
- With the Bible as our textbook each week, we strive to learn more about God, ourselves and the world in which we live – in practical and relevant ways.
- Worship music is currently pre-recorded with an opportunity for the congregation to sing. There may be some live worship music. We hope to resume our worship music live sometime in the fall.
- The main auditorium is “looped” for hearing aids. Switch your aids to the telecoil (telephone) setting and tune in directly.
What do I wear?
- Casual clothing is completely fine. Wear whatever is comfortable for you.
What about my kids?
- we are working towards re-launching our SBF Kids Ministry in the early Fall, but we still have some pieces that are coming together for that to happen. As we await the re-launch, for the next few weeks, we will be opening up the Fellowship Room during the service, where there will be activities and snacks ready to go for the kids - and not forgetting you wonderful parents - coffee and treats! We would love to see you this Sunday, and to bless you with a space where we can reconnect together. Please note - we do require that at least one parent or guardian remains with their children.
How can I get connected?
Talk to our office, one of our elders, or anyone you see and one of us would love to help you get connected.
How can I give?
There is an offering box in the auditorium if you are attending church in person. Other options are found on the giving page, sbfchurch.com/giving